Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cue Eerily Good Music

I'm convinced that somewhere out there in the ether, my iTunes at home and at least one of my Pandora stations are in cahoots. I kept thinking it was coincidental when I would hear a song at home, and then while I was at work that day the same song would come on. But the frequency of such happenings has increased drastically over the past month or so. It's happened several times this week already. They're out to get me. All of them!

I could see it making sense if it was a very narrowly broad station, and hearing the artist or group in the morning spurs me to play the niche station when I get to work, but I usually have my iTunes on shuffle mode, and this particular Pandora station is almost like a shuffle mode player too. There are thousands of tracks on my iTunes, and the range of songs played at work is extremely broad. I could be listening to Daft Punk one minute, Frank Sinatra the next, and The Police after that. What can I say, I enjoy variety!

So I'm thinking that my iTunes and Pandora are either subtly trying to give me a theme for my day by playing the same songs, or there's a conspiracy afoot!

Thankfully, the repeated songs are all ones I have absolutely loved. That's something.

No comments: