Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Recycling CFLs

I found a great little article on recycling CFLs that may be relevant for anyone out there using them--and I highly recommend switching to them if you haven't already. They're certainly more efficient than incandescents and they last a lot longer. I put a few in some lamps when I moved into my current apartment two years ago, and they still haven't blown out. *knock on wood!*

Granted, because of their long life, I think it may be a while before people will need to start looking for places to recycle the old bulbs, but I think having an idea or two of where to go when the bulbs do blow out is always some handy information. And I had no idea that Ikea recycled them. It's nice that there are two locations in my area, and that I have a nice healthy addiction to the place!

Kathleen and I purchased a new and sexy TV stand, and after having it for a week and a half, I've nearly finished putting it together. Once it's done I'll post some pictures of the finished product and finished look of our living room space. Well, we may get another chair to fill some space, from Ikea, of course. Sometimes it's like they read our minds there.

To summarize: Buy CFLs, and recycle them when they burn out. Also, Ikea is awesome. That is all.

No comments: