Monday, November 22, 2010

Something in the air?

There have been more than a few times in my life when I've thought about a person who I haven't seen in quite some time, and within roughly a week, I will hear from said person. While I'm always surprised that the turn of events actually happens, I'm usually not shocked. The person that pops into my head is usually a good friend, and because of things like work and general busy-ness in life, is someone I don't get to talk to as often as I would like.

Today, I was shocked.

Back when I worked at the bank, there was a women who frequented who also happened to work at a studio, and she and I chatted a bunch about working in a studio environment, and her words were very inspirational, making me believe that I could "make it" if I pushed myself enough and stuck it out. So far, so good.

I happened to think about her over the weekend and how I hadn't talked to her in years, and how it was sad that I lost that connection. I'd love to pick her brain about at least a dozen things if given the chance, and I didn't think I'd get one.

Until about 40 minutes ago. She just so happened to call the studio. When I told her who she was talking to, she screamed out, "YOU'RE STILL THERE!" It was a very awesome feeling. Of course, we had to talk some business, but I hope I'll get to talk to her again soon.

I know stranger things have happened in the world, but still, when these things keep happening, it makes me think again about how powerful thought can sometimes be. Maybe if we all focus on some positive thoughts, some great things can happen. At the very least, we could hope for some reconnections.

No comments: